Subject: [Leica] M8 candy
From: bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio)
Date: Mon Feb 19 03:44:58 2007

Hi

  Thanks to all!

  The phenomenon happened in 4 photos in aprox 150 in this weekend. I thing
that too much!

  I will try to see if it only appends just after the camera is turned on
 and if it doesn?t cure it self.

  About the other problems

  1- the LCD it's not horizontal!! how is it possible?!  The menus are now a
bit tilted
 (Ted please help me were! :-) )

  2- the battery, even after several hours charging, doesn't appear in the
full has it should. It was working OK before the camera went to Solms

  I had an M7 that I sold. It was bought new from an official dealer and in
less the 2 years it went to Solms 3 times for repair.... I sold it and
bought an M8 hoping that my bad luck would end...

  Yes
 I can live with the tilted LCD (but I don?t think that?s admissible in a
product coming from Solms! )

  Yes.. I can also live with the battery dial not working OK if the problem
is only the dial.

  But 4 in 150 photos it too much

  I send an email to Solms and I will see)

  B regards

Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> escreveu:  At 06:24 PM 2/18/2007, you wrote:
>Oh crap.
>
>And M.Theken posted an ad offering trade of Leica gear for an M8, and I was
>almost going to start culling gear to discuss with Mark.
>
>Not now.
>
>...Vick

Out of hundreds of thousands of exposures by now, I have seen this on
exactly one. Not a reason to worry. I would not hesitate to buy an
M8 if what you want is a digital rangefinder that uses the M
lenses. If that's not what you want, forget it.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/portfolio