Subject: [Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Feb 18 02:39:15 2007

Nathan,

I've carried it through multiple scans without any issues, ISO 400 films.

I have never taken Delta 3200 through an x-ray scan. It's not worth the risk.

I didn't take any particular precautions. Maybe the metalic wrappers
around all of these (400TX, HP5+ and APX400 while it lasted) helped.

I've heard (but we have ALL heard so much about these things) that if
you try and protect it with heavy lead bags etc, that it just results
in the operator jacking up the juice to try and get through to the
contents. Defeats its purpose. Those who use lead bags and say they
never had problems, implying that the lead bag is protecting them,
probably would not have had problems anyway.

The hand-baggage check is not much of a problem. Never has been.

The check-in baggage really gets a jolt. Even the local airport here
warns against that.

Daniel