Subject: [Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Feb 17 23:24:09 2007

Next month I am going for a week to Val d'Isere. Because I need to
travel light, taking the DSLR outfit is out of the question, so instead
I will be taking the Ricoh GRD and the Bronica rangefinder outfit--it
all fits in the Domke 803 shoulder bag.

I will be flying from Amsterdam to Geneva. I have never before flown
carrying medium format film, but I remember reading somewhere that it is
more prone to fogging from the hand luggage x-rays because the film is
not enclosed in a metal canister, as is the case with 35mm film. I have
flown with 35mm on many occasions, including Neopan 1600, and have never
seen any sign of fogging, even after 4-6 passes through x-ray machines.
The MF film I will be taking will be no faster than 400. Should I be
taking any special precautions other than the obvious one of not putting
the film in checked baggage?

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

Opportunistic Image Acquisition

General photography: http://www.nathanfoto.com and http://www.greatpix.eu

Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: medium format film and airport security)