Subject: [Leica] Mac question
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Feb 17 08:01:08 2007

I'm not a Mac user but I have a question someone here can probably answer.
I've heard about running Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp, Parallels, or by
having a double-boot system if you have one of the Intel processor models.
But last night I saw a sign at CompUSA that said Apple would void the
warranty on any Mac found to be loaded with Bootcamp or any other
un-approved software.  Can someone clear this up for me?

First, what's the difference between Bootcamp and Parallels?  Do you need an
Intel processor to run Windows under them?  Do you need either one if you
have an Intel processor Mac?  How stable is Windows on a Mac?  And finally,
how about Vista on a Mac?

Honestly, I don't need to know any of this but I'm curious.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Mac question)