Subject: [Leica] Deal too good to be true?
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Feb 15 17:35:27 2007

Doesn't make me comfortable, for several reasons:

1. Seller talks about a $2800 Buy it Now price, but there is no BIN listed.
There also is no minimum for the package--which is absurd for someone
selling $14,000+ worth of merchandise.
2. A ton of desirable equipment, a $100 opening price, and no bidders with
nineteen hours to go?  Equally absurd. There are no shortage of Leica
bargain hunters out there, but usually on other auctions the price has
started rising by that point.  Not everyone uses a last-minute snipe
service.
3. Look at the other merchandise recently sold: most are $10-20 items, and
nothing of the quality of a Leica.  Now look at what's currently being
currently offered: very expensive items, all with $100 opening prices.

There have been cases of auction fraud in the past where a seller builds up
a sterling reputation, then cashes in on a spate of large ticket items.  I'm
not saying this auction is a fake, but there are too many things that make
me a bit uncomfortable.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who has never been disappointed by items purchased on the LUG.