Subject: [Leica] SundayShot
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Feb 14 07:32:10 2007

Barney,

That's a very good picture. I like the standing birds in the
foreground and the birds in flight behind them. It reminds me of a
scene some 20 years ago when I first moved into the Philly suburbs.
There was an open field, maybe 15 acres in size in then farmland.
Every year for about 5 years Canada geese would congregate and fully
occupy 10 of the acres. It was the grandest sight I have ever seen. I
would guess there were a million birds there.

Unfortunately the farmland is no more. A strip mall now occupies that
space. And new car dealers and other commercial businesses line that
road for a couple of miles on either side. Progress?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Len