Subject: [Leica] HCB versus the M8 part one IMG
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Feb 10 13:42:18 2007
References: <020820070216.17421.45CA87EE0005177E0000440D219791336303010CD2079C080C03BF970A9D9F9A0B9D09@mchsi.com> <200702080302.l1832mrk040849@server1.waverley.reid.org> <942D63D395AFEC29CF4A3F8C@rutabook.reid.org> <45CAA79D.1080607@hemenway.com> <CDD4AA6C-2B17-4ECD-AB72-9DF708D5680C@comcast.net> <45CB415C.8010501@hemenway.com><45CBD318.50606@san.rr.com> <45CD40B8.4080908@hemenway.com> <49929.203.208.110.32.1171084398.squirrel@webmail.ncable.net.au>

Hi Alastair,

This is the right technique, for me estimate precisely the distance is more
difficult than exposure, exposure latitude of B&W is usually enough,
sometimes I try to do some distracting things with my camera and I focus to
a similar point, when the subject think that I'm crazy ... I'm able to
continue playing and shot at the better moment I think.

This one was a good luck catch without raising the camera

I normally play using the depth of field scale, and I always do a pre
adjustament (estimate), when I have the ocasi?n to focus to a similar
distance adjustement is do very fast.

Your pictures are very good, I've prefered the firts one in color.

Cheers
Luis