Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica IIIf gear
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Feb 9 17:04:18 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 3:55 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2007, at 11:50 AM, Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:
>
>> Coincidentally, yesterday I put these pictures up of my IIIf "all
>> decked
>> out" with low-light meter + rapid wind and rewind gizmos.  I don't
>> use
>> these, but I thought it made an interesting assemblage.
>
> Alan,
>
> That low-light meter:  Is it a Leica item?  If so, what's the code?
> I don't recall seeing this before.
>
> Ken

The meter is a Leica product. I have one buried in the bottom of my
defunct gear drawer. It is more than 50 years old and the selenium
cells have died. The winglike extension is a low light booster. I
have no idea what the code is. More interesting to me is that Alan
has one of the rare Tech rapid advance levers. This jewel like,
chrome plated, investment casting is the best Leica III rapid winding
lever ever made. It was produced by the now defunct Tech Photo
Products of Brooklyn, NY. All you do to wind film is to twirl your
forefinger in a small circle. The lever stops with your finger over
the shutter button. It is easy to take two pictures a second without
removing the camera from your eye. No need for motor drives.

I showed mine to Sherry Krauter several years ago and we attempted to
get an investment casting firm to produce duplicates. No luck. With
the small demand expected, the product would be priced well above
that of an impulse purchase.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re: Leica IIIf gear)