Subject: [Leica] Re: Snow report
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Feb 9 08:32:51 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 6:31 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> We had the first snow of the winter yesterday here in NL (the same
> system that dumped stuff on Belgium and the UK). The snow was
> predicted
> well in advance, so the authorities had plenty of time to get the
> roads
> salted etc., and it was considerate enough to start only after the
> morning rush hour. A lot of people left work early to avoid the
> expected
> backups during the evening rush hour, and as a result, the evening
> rush
> hour, when it came, was much lighter than an average Thursday!
>
> The children (and adults) had lots of fun playing in the snow. It came
> and went, and this morning it is all melted :-(
>
> Nathan

While you are enjoying the balmy climate of NL, consider the plight
of upstate New York. This morning there was 5 feet of snow (1.5
meters) on the ground with drifts up to 8 feet. The irony is that
Oswego is 42 degrees North, Amsterdam is 52 degrees North, a lot
closer to the North Pole. On the other-hand, when we lived in North
Wales (53 degrees North), we rarely had snow and, in fact, had a palm
tree growing in our garden. Blame it all on Canada and the Gulf Stream.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga) ([Leica] Re: Snow report)