Subject: [Leica] Week 5 and WayBack 5 posted
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 9 10:00:26 2007

On 2/9/07 1:00 AM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> Yes, I object to filters that have their own postcode and cost as much as a
> Mazda.
>
> Being more on topic, did anyone notice that Ric has achieved this high
> saturation sky without a pol? On Reala I think. That's the
> wonderful 21 asph earning its keep. I had a similar experience with the 28,
> although I was shooting Velvia100F. Anyhoo, don't need
> no stinkin' pol.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

When I shot real black and white film I'd use yellow green filters as a
default but have darker green for more extreme situations and red for
others. And dark red.

But shooting chromegic film xp2 I got no washed out skies with naked glass.
And when I shot chromegic full color film then I can filter later till the
cows come home.

But I do find myself wanting to be equipped with a polarizer for each lens I
have. And use them when I shoot digital captures half the time.
I forget they're on and end up using them indoors.
But as I tend to shoot between ASA 800 and 1600 that would be which I don't
notice so much. And AutoFocus makes a darker groundglass less of an issue.
Sure cuts through glare on dirty furniture!

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W