Subject: [Leica] Week 5 and WayBack 5 posted
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 8 20:46:50 2007

On 2/8/07 11:16 PM, "Alastair Firkin" <firkin@ncable.net.au> typed:

>> They don't even have to be circular so you can get a cheaper one.
>>
>> Get an octagon one! Much cheaper I'm sure.
>>
>> 55mms is small compared to the average filter all those DSLR guys get with
>> their 2.8 Yuban coffee can zooms.
>>
>> 77mm is the standard now!!!
>>
>> I remember when it was 52mms for Nikon, 55mms for Canon, 48mms for
>> Olympus.
>> ...like it was sunny yesterday!
>>
>> And 43mms for Olympus Pen F
>
> 55mm for my slew of minolta lenses: still have them and the filters:
> really should have sold them before the digital crash ;-)
>
> Cheers

Did you get weird effects if you put Canon Filters on your Minolta lens?

I remember the Hype was Nikon made there own glass for their fitters while
Canon got theirs from somewhere else. So that was a big deal. For somebody.
I never knew anybody who could AFFORD a Nikon filter.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W