Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Feb 7 14:52:31 2007

Gordon,

I haven't tried Picassa, since I heard horror stories about it on the LUG
and as
for ACDSee I tried it briefly when I got it with my Digilux (oh yes, I do
have
one ;-) ) but loaded PSE instead.

My ideal would be a simplified PS capable of taking anything from a standard
input list file type, perform straightforward manipulation of levels in RGB
or
B&W, contrast, histogramming etc, curves, retouching and a few other things
and
spits out good clean maintainable results at the end. I don't want - or need
DBMS, I've got several thanks. Maybe because of my age and background, like
Brian and Frank, I don't like things that mess with my files, especially
putting
them where I didn't leave them, although a bit more tidines on my part
wouldn't
go amiss.

So, what i want is a cut down PSE2/4/5 with curves in and little else from
PS.

On the free front I have thought of building it for myself out of GIMP and
its
add-ons and running on my UNIX system.

Peter Dzwig