Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 05
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Feb 5 09:02:32 2007

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment Hoppy.

On Feb 3, 2007, at 7:04 PM, G Hopkinson wrote:
> The PAW of Davis is very well balanced of course. It's an
> interesting study with the details of eyebrows, beard, hair and the
> hand
> the standout. I find the sweater pattern quite distracting.

Interesting. When I worked with the image I thought, "the sweater is
a bit 'out of date'." Didn't think "distracting." Probably will from
now on. Thanks ;~) These types of 'portraits' really are more
"personal, social documents" for me.

> 2/18 is a fine study of proprietor and film camera environment.
> Fancy a store stocking a range of photographic gear along side
> firearms and pocket knives etc. Boy Toy heaven. I'm sure that we
> wouldn't see this combination any more.

In fact - this is his store today. Each time I drop in he seems to
have less photo gear and more in-line skates, paint ball guns, skate
boards, gps, and other "adventure" gear.

> 4/18 is a gem with the bow and lantern colours and textures. There
> look to be some odd softer areas at the base and above the
> lantern. Is this a DoF effect?

Quite so. Shallow DoF. Also seems that my 75 lux has changing focus
problems on the M8 - more on that later. I'm puzzled and testing.
Sometimes it seems to test dead on, and other times with back focus
issues. Is this possible? Drifting?

> 7/18. Lovely light. I could wish for the basket to be out of shot,
> but that would involve cropping out the LUG yearbook!

Right. Couldn't lose that famous book. :~)

> 17 & 18 make me shiver. Lovely soft light though.

Makes us shiver too. -30 with wind chill last night. Bur-r-r-r

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: PAWeek 05)