Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 05
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Feb 3 17:04:16 2007

George your posts are always one of the must sees (and learn froms) for me.

Some comments. I'd be very interested to hear what others think of these
impressions.
Always so much to learn.

The PAW of Davis is very well balanced of course. It's an interesting study
with the details of eyebrows, beard, hair and the hand
the standout. I find the sweater pattern quite distracting.

2/18 is a fine study of proprietor and film camera environment. Fancy a
store stocking a range of photographic gear along side
firearms and pocket knives etc. Boy Toy heaven. I'm sure that we wouldn't
see this combination any more.

4/18 is a gem with the bow and lantern colours and textures. There look to
be some odd softer areas at the base and above the
lantern. Is this a DoF effect?

7/18. Lovely light. I could wish for the basket to be out of shot, but that
would involve cropping out the LUG yearbook!

17 & 18 make me shiver. Lovely soft light though.

Cheers
Hoppy