Subject: [Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Feb 1 15:59:32 2007

Bob, regarding the video card, MS has suggestions for what you need with
each version of Vista. It depends on how much of the fancy
new interface (Aero) you would like to use.
For XP or Vista, most of the video card processing power and extra memory is
completely irrelevant when you are doing photo editing.
You only need good 2D performance (unless you play games or do video editing
etc). I'd suggest that you just get a reputable brand a
couple of models down from their latest and greatest, that has the outputs
that you want. For example, it's nice to have two DVI
outputs if you would like two monitors. Two monitors are a very good thing
for image editing. You can have your image large on one
screen and park menus etc on the other screen.

Cheers
Hoppy