Subject: [Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Thu Feb 1 09:40:25 2007

Robert D. Baron writes:
 > [...]
 > Aside from surfing the internet and a little word processing and Quicken
 >    financial and such [...]

Just one thing to double check about your quicken use.

I'm a long time quicken-on-the-mac user, and it's always been the poor
stepchild to the windows version.  I'm trying to set up a new account
and it turns out that my financial institution set up up to use
'quicken investor' but that the mac version only supports 'quicken
trans' (internal banker's lingo...).  The first setup would have let
me access stock portfolio info (which I couldn't care less about), the
second setup is for your basic checking/savings/credit_card uses.

If you're doing fancy stuff in quicken, you might want to touch base
with your financial institution and see how they feel about the mac
version or just decide that you're going to run quicken in windows
using basecamp/parallels/....

g.

Replies: Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron) ([Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?)