Subject: [Leica] Anyone using National Photographic bags?
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Thu Feb 1 01:46:04 2007

Hi Nathan.
Yes, I also noticed them recently in our local pro photo shop - looking
nice (though I only saw backpacks), god quality and manufactured not to
scream about en expensive gear carried inside.
 From inside are also thoughfull layed out yet safely padded without an
excessive bulk (this is what I dislike in LowePro). I may also consider
such (I need a good, convenient bag for my M6 with 50mm 'Cron and future
additional 1-2 lenses and the bag may be a bit too large for these).
What I wasn't sure about - is their advertised ability to carry securely
heavy tripod - seem not to be robust enough to keep up with that
(although it may be just my opinion which isn't always correct). What
may also be good - they share two separated parts - upper one for your
daily supplies, the lower - for camera stuff. The upper and lowers parts
can be unified if needed for one single large compartment. The opening
for camera comaprtment (lower) doesn't flap away 180 degrees as in
regular photo trekkers (very prone to camera/lenses rolling out if no
particular attention given opening the backpack), but rather about
half-way which is much safer way IMHO.
Having said all that, still not sure whether this kind of bag will suit
my Leica needs (and for my LF and all-in-one I have a large Kata
backpack which is very strong and robust, carries all my LF, supplies,
accessories, 35mm system and large an heavy tripod strapped outside).

Alex