Subject: [Leica] Portrait Lens
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jan 31 17:01:18 2007

Yes, I understand, Brian. I do think, though, that a lens longer than 90 mm
can be a successful portrait lens too. (a 135 on the M7
in my case). I am talking about a tighter, face only composition rather than
half length or head and shoulders.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/portrait.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2vj3k5>

I like the longer working distance for this kind of shot as well. Wade is
talking about other applications where he wants a little
tele reach too.

I think that the fifties will absolutely make great portrait images on the
M8, as you have said.
Your Nocti ought to be magnificent in this role. A larger image in your
finder as well. Post some for us, we're thin on the ground
for M8 portrait stuff.

Cheers
Hoppy