Subject: [Leica] M8 Question
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jan 30 19:10:08 2007

Barnie, the frame lines in the viewfinder show what the fitted lens will
produce on the sensor (which is a physically smaller area
than a 35mm negative). So, for example, when you put on a 35mm lens the
viewfinder will display the 35 frame-line, just like in an
M7. The difference is that the displayed frame-line actually covers a
smaller area to accommodate the 1.3 crop factor. So in that
example the view is equivalent to looking through about a 50mm lens on a
35mm M.
I hope that makes sense.
Cheers
Hoppy