Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 issues
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Jan 28 15:53:40 2007

I usually have the same opinion on Leica snobbery than B.D. but I cannot
agree this time about the low capacities of thew Leica M8. It's true
that battery is not a champion of endurance because my EOS 1Ds may
easily triplicate the life of the M8 battery. It's true also that the
Kodak sensor cannot obtain every possibility of the marvelous Leica M
lenses but this would have been a miracle for the first true digital
camera attempt from Solms. Wait for new firmwares as usual in digital
cameras. I've found the M8 as a very, very good digital camera as good
as my EOS 1Ds as you can see in this folder not very scientific and some
approximative but corresponding to my real way of photographing .

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=689069

And the more important criticism is about color and I have found that
the Jamie Roberts color profiles for Capture One solves most of this
true problem

Look at a horrible but significant picture processed with camera row
where the magenta rules specially in some books of the bookshelf

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/5518842-md.jpg

and look now at the same "horrible picture" processed with capture one
with the mentioned color profile of Jamie Roberts

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/5518826-md.jpg

The magenta issue is very minor one.

I hope this helps.

Felix