Subject: [Leica] Users or those familiar with Hektor 12.5cm
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Jan 26 10:34:58 2007

At 6:28 AM -0500 1/26/07, Vick Ko wrote:
>Are there users or those familiar with Hektor 12.5cm?
>
>Does the lens perform well?  I've searched the web a bit, and read of a good
>reputation for sharpness.
>
>Is it only for Visoflex usage?   Bit of a pain, but workable.
>
>What about its coatings.  Was coating damage or degradation a concern with
>this lens?  Did it have a reputation for internal coating degradation?
>
>Anyone want to part with theirs?
>
>Vick

I had one for a while in the 70's. A decent performer, but
particularly good as a classic portrait lens at the wider apertures.
Mine, and most others I have seen have generally been well taken care
of and don't have any coating issues, either on the outside or inside.

It's Visoflex only , or useable on SLR's with adapters. Quite
useable, but tend to be priced more for collectors than users.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design