Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? Hmm.... yes!
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Jan 24 08:22:23 2007

1) Dust happens, is a fact of life.  On film it showed up when printing
or scanning.  Learn how to clean the sensor and deal with it. I have
heard th turn the camera off routine...but wtf, the lenses are not air
tight and they are as likely to induce dust on the camera as off.  Ever
looked at a zoom?  The move in and out and they move air around and they
are not air tight.

Oh and if you shoot at wide apertures you are WAY less likely to see
dust than if you shoot at f8 or 11 or 16.

2)  Turn the camera off when you change cards.  Yes that is a good idea
just like dis-connecting the card from a computer before you yank it
out.  On Canon the camera turns off automatically when you open the card
door, be damn sure your card is through writing before you open that
door or you loose files.  On Nikon it does not turn off when you open
the door, you have to do that yourself.  The Nikon instructions
recommend turning the camera off before inserting or removing a card.

Some people complain that the canons will loose files if it is still
writing when you open the door...I guess those same people wondered why
their film was ruined when they opened the camera back before rewinding
a roll of film.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography