Subject: [Leica] electronics
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (vick.ko@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 23 08:19:18 2007

Electronic cameras scare me.

I have a 203FE, love the camera for its "speed of usage" but the camera
locked up completely once.  I carressed it a bit, and it came back to life,
but it scares me that one day, it'll need a trip to Hasselblad for an
expensive board replacement.

I had an M6, new, didn't use it for 2 years.  Then sold it, the buyer tells
me the meter doesn't work, Leica replaces the board.

I suppose all my metered cameras (M5, CL, R6.2, SL2, Canon F-1) will one day
become "inaccurate meter, manual usage" cameras.  I have a couple Contarexes
and Alpa's already in that category.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] electronics)