Subject: [Leica] Magenta Highlights was: IMG: Noct finally useable in daylight!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Jan 22 20:34:29 2007

Okay - here's a look at the problem area:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/L1000065-100cpt-crop.jpg>

You can clearly see the magenta and blue (cyan??) boundaries around
the areas of pure white.

What you cannot see is how Adobe Camera RAW opens the file. When you
see that you see that all the outlined areas are completely blown out
and even with the Exposure compensation pushed down two stops
(whatever is all the way) they still are blown out in red blue and
green. So that must be having some effect.

It's not a NICE effect, however.

I have not looked at these using the supplied RAW handler and that is
next on my list of things to explore, however.

Adam