Subject: [Leica] IMG: Found on my hard drive
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Jan 21 19:12:24 2007

Tina (and everyone else who responded):  Thanks!  Yes, I really am glad I
don't throw anything out. Although I'm about to fill up a hard drive, so
that may have to change--more on that in another post.

I was going through my hard drive looking to get rid of unnecessary TIFs,
intermediate files between the initial RAW file (or scan) and the final
product.  I saw this RAW file I'd not developed, and took a look at it in
the Olympus converter to see it it was worth keeping.

The original file has my wife at her full height, and the rest of the
parking lot and school behind her.  I remember seeing her "walking past the
reflected sky," and just taking a quick shot.  She has the "Oh, God, are
you taking a picture of me NOW?" look on her face.  Because of that, I
didn't work on the picture when I took it two years ago.

But yesterday, when it came up on the screen, I saw the reflected blue sky
and blue jeans, and realized there was a picture there after all.

--Peter

At 09:38 AM 1/21/2007 -0800, Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> wrote:
>Really nice, Peter.  Aren't you glad you didn't trash that one!
>Tina
>
>At 02:04 AM 1/21/2007, Peter wrote:
> >I found this one today as I was going through my hard drive and cleaning
> >up old work files.  I didn't work it up when I took it 2 years ago, but
> >now I really like it.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/PC190437StepOnSky-w.jpg.html>

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Found on my hard drive)