Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Jan 21 15:30:34 2007

Gene.. I have no question that the sensor has a charge (of a few volts) when
in operation.  However, a few volts is hardly enough to
attract or make a physical connection to something even as light as dust....

Where does the charge come from with enough energy (volts) to attract or
hold dust?  It would need to be many many volts.....  Can
you point me to any information on the subject?

I must be missing something....

Again, it won't hurt to do what Gene and others have said.  Turn it off
before you change lenses......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

The sensor is charged when power is applied, no wives tale, fact.  The
charge will attract any dust, again fact, so to avoid
attracting dust to the sensor, turn it off and change lenses.  I would also
wait a few seconds to allow the charge to dissipate.