Subject: [Leica] M8 goes to the hockey game - first light is fun!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Jan 20 12:07:16 2007

I took the new M8 to the hockey game last night - literally every lens
I own and it all fitted nicely into my little shoulder bag. Sooo
spiffy.

The third period I walked down by the goal and shot through the glass
that makes your average airliner window look like a perfect vaccuum.

I used the Noct to shoot these - it becomes about a 75 on the M8.
These were shot at about f2 I think although perhaps f1.4 is possible.
Not wide open and not stopped down past f2 I'm fairly sure. Shot in
Aperture Priority.

It'll take some getting used to this shooting sports with a range finder!

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/L1000046.jpg>

The idea focus would have been on the puck but I think it's darn close
to being in perfect focus.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/L1000052.jpg>

When your brother is out there playing hockey, and you're all wanting
to be just ANYWHERE else, the night can get pretty long....and the
rink chilly...

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Booooooringggg.jpg>

I was pleased that Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw handled the M8 images
with no difficulty. Lightroom does not, for some reason. Aperture
doesn't appear to either. I'm going to try doing the DNG conversion
and see if Aperture will work with them after I do that.

I tried shooting both Raw and jpeg files at the same time and I don't
see the point of it. The Raw image is so vastly more useful.

Adam

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] M8 goes to the hockey game - first light is fun!)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] M8 goes to the hockey game - first light is fun!)
Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] M8 goes to the hockey game - first light is fun!)