Subject: [Leica] re: photographing the klan
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sat Jan 20 10:48:28 2007

George sed:

>I believe that if we'd heed KC's advise, and get to know our
>subjects, we'd have more than one photograph. Rather than trying to
>sum-up a human being in one iconic image we'd have a series which
>begins to speak of the many sides of a full life. Perhaps among the
>group we'd find a single image which would find some balance between
>rage and smiling hugs.

indeed. i don't believe that anybody is a cartoon character. i suspect that
had tina asked the raving guy in the robes why he was doing what he was
doing it would be some variation of "because i love my children and want
them to grow up in a good world".

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] re: photographing the klan)