Subject: [Leica] Jobo Reels and photo flo
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jan 19 22:51:05 2007

Hi Frank, in the usual manner of my addiction to the Bay, once I decided to
set up for film processing (after a long time away) I
ended up with a lot more tanks than I can use, including two Jobo 1500
series, one earlier similar and some big pro size 2510 that
looks lovely but needs about 10 litres to fill up for inversion! And at
least 4 or five asstd Patersons!
I processed a dozen or so films in the 1520 without problems and quite like
the reel loading design and the tank economy. What
happened was (on both separate occasions) that the clip on lock rings
unseated slightly, allowing the lid to rise slightly and allow
light into the tank. I think it happened when I sat the tanks in a Jobo
tempering unit that I currently fill with chilled water to
bring down the chemical bottles and tank temps to an even 20 degrees C. The
tank rests on an insert ring on the removable tempering
box lid, suspending it into the tempering unit. As you know the tank lid
needs to be seated firmly downwards then the orange
retaining ring pushed down to lock the clips. Either I didn't seat the lids
positively first (most likely) in the change bag or the
weight of the tank was enough to unlock the locking ring. Either way I lost
about 72 frames I was rather looking forward to. Rats!
When I stop swearing I might give another film a go. Maybe even a film from
my new 111c, just to put more pressure on myself.

Cheers
Hoppy