Subject: [leica] photographing the homeless
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri Jan 19 19:32:04 2007

>Loved your homeless
>cat photograph though, that was a cool shot. Of course, Americans tend to
>have
>more pity for homeless animals than homeless people, but that is another
>story.

for the record, americans do NOT pity homeless animals, they EAT them.

>I'm not so fond of your gun nuts of america series, but we're all entitled
>to our
>opinions, armed or unarmed, I think.

as far as i know, i haven't expressed any opinions about americans and their
guns. (and if i have expressed an opinion, it's a failing of mine.) it's
only been my intention to make good portraits. i don't particularly have an
opinion about their guns, but i hope, seriously, that i've portrayed them
honestly. i want everyone to have and to express their opinions about it,
whatever side, and, if i've done it properly, nobody knows what my own
thoughts are. though i've gotten quite my share of hate mail from both sides.

kc

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([leica] photographing the homeless)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([leica] photographing the homeless)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([leica] photographing the homeless)