Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIc instructions
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Jan 19 14:19:57 2007

Robert Meier wrote:
How do you load your IIIc without trimming the film leader?   Doesn't the
film get hung up on the sprockets before it can get properly seated?
===========

Robert, I just went and loaded a roll to refresh my memory.  The trick is to
wind film onto the spindle a couple of turns so that the factory trim is all
wound onto the spindle and all you can see sticking out is sprocket holes.
Then slip the film and spindle down into the camera.  Sometimes it takes a
couple of tries but it probably takes less than a minute in all.  I think in
the old days film came with a longer trim.  The problem only started to be
noticed with the short-trim modern rolls.  Anyway that's what I've heard.
There are some other tricks using a business card as a guide past the
sprocket teeth, taking off the lens and setting the camera on T, etc. but
I've always just done what I described above.  And if you load your own film
it's even easier because you don't have any factory trim to worry about.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
505-262-4085