Subject: [Leica] binoculars - looking for assistance
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Jan 18 10:53:44 2007

My old 8X40BA Trinovids hit a sweet spot for me in term of size and
usability.

They are in the shop right now after falling off the roof a moving
car 8^(

For me, 6X would be a little weak. 10X steadiness may tax some of us
old farts.

I see lots of Zeiss glass also among serious birders -- probably the
more common premium. But, what's glass without a red dot?

Ric Carter