Subject: [Leica] binoculars - looking for assistance
From: rollei.cord at web.de (rollei.cord@web.de)
Date: Thu Jan 18 05:27:20 2007

Eric,

I don't know anything about birding but I've got a pair of Voigtlaender
binoculars (Dynaret 7x17) which I really like. They'd be in your middle
price range, around USD 200 I guess. They're very small because they fold in
quite a special way, which I find hard to describe - they don't actually
fold but you slide them apart in order to adjust the distance of the lenses
to the distance of your eyes. They're so small and light that I carry them
with me almost all the time (even though I live in Hong Kong, where wildlife
is relatively rare ...). Lens quality is really good; I have to admit though
that a small Carl Zeiss pair (around USD 500) which I tried before I bought
the Voigtlaender seemed even sharper.

Oliver
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsst?rkeren E-Mail-Postfach!

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] binoculars - looking for assistance)
Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] binoculars - looking for assistance)