Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 02
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Jan 18 00:06:45 2007

On 18/01/2007, at 2:41, Lottermoser George wrote:

> Thanks Peter.
>
> I agree with much of what you say about us dog-people. But the
> other side of this question (to get or not to get another friend)
> is the responsibility issue. Frost was with me at the studio every
> single day. It was great to have him. But it also, very often,
> prevented me from getting work done. While I had him trained; and a
> sharp, "photo" command worked as a "stay." Hundreds of times over
> his life, with his leash around my shutter hand he'd take off after
> a squirrel at the moment of exposure. So while I'm mourning his
> passing in waves of emotion; I'm also imagining a bit personal
> freedom.

George,
sorry for your loss: we love our dogs toooo much BUT yes I suspect we
would do things other than just walk the local streets if they were
gone. I find it almost impossible to photograph with them in tow.

all the best from us and the dogs in Ballarat

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: PAWeek 02)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: PAWeek 02)