Subject: [Leica] IMG: A film one!!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Jan 17 17:40:27 2007

At 08:24 PM 1/17/2007, you wrote:
>And it's nice to know Heifer Project is having an impact. Is it your
>opinion that it is continuing to be a useful and worthwhile project?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Adam Bridge

Thank you, Adam!  I've worked with lots of NGOs in the last 30 years and
Heifer Project is the best.  They are really making a difference and
everybody I've met who works for HPI is totally dedicated to helping
others.  I was dubious when I first heard about HPI many years ago.  I
thought - the people will just eat the animals and that will be that, but
that's not the case at all.  Before they qualify to receive an animal, the
whole family goes for workshops on how to take care of the animal.  They
have to prove that they can provide adequate shelter, food and care and
they have to promise to give the first offspring to another qualified
family in their village.  I've been to many villages where every family has
received a goat or a cow or a hutch of rabbits.  It makes an unbelievable
difference in their lives.  HPI also teaches organic farming, terracing,
tree conservation, and much more.  I can't say enough good about HPI.  They
even used one of my photos on their Christmas cards this year ;-)   I give
HPI animals and trees to everybody at Christmas.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

HPI Photos:  http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/folder-5282.html