Subject: [Leica] 28mm Summicron vignetting
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jan 16 10:22:29 2007

On 1/16/07 11:36 AM, "Lottermoser George" <imagist3@mac.com> typed:

> My 21 f:4 SA R is virtually free of vignetting.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george@imagist.com

As a true non retrofocal wide angle lens IT SHOULD have vignetting as an
issue. One of the few advantages of retrofocal wides made for SLR's and
camera with mirrors and meters so there needs to be space behind the lens is
that you don't have vignetting as an issue.

Personally I like vignetting.
I certainly like every custom black and white printer I ever knew darken the
edges of any print which comes out of my 4 bladed easel.

And not in Photoshop I slide those vignetting sliders way to the left with
every image. Once with each raw filter it goes thought.
THEN with the
Distort : lens correction
A Filter. Which I don't leave home without.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W