Subject: [Leica] OT: House Blessings calligraphy
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sun Jan 14 13:54:05 2007

Richard,

These are quite nice.  I like the character forms and the hand drawn
quality of the brushwork.

Since each of these is an interesting object in it's own right, I wonder
if you might emphasize that by putting them on a contrasting background
so the characters don't seem as lost on a larger white screen.  Also, I
suspect that you are drawing these on some nice paper you might
experiment with your lighting, maybe shooting them on a light box, or
taking a light and raking it across the surface.  I bet there are some
interesting textures that the eye can see but are lost in the scan.
These often compliment the brushwork.

Just a suggestion.  The calligraphy is very nice, and I especially like
the ones with a photo.

Mike D