Subject: [Leica] RE: Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM (Jeffery Smith)
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Sun Jan 14 12:55:03 2007

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:06:56 -0600
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith342@cox.net>
Subject: [Leica] Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>

One of you asked about this lens last week. I took it out yesterday and
shot
with some Acros. My initial impressions looking at the TIF scans is that
this lens is the *sharpest old, fast 50mm lens* in my collection. Beats
the
50/1.5 Summarit and the 50/1.5 Sonnar. If it is still available, grab
it. My
results look so good, I doubt that I will send it out to have the inside
dust removed. If it ain't broke, don't CLA it, I always say. ;-)

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Jeffery.

High praise indeed! Well deserved I think.

When I bought my 50mm Nikkor in the 1970s I was surprised to find a
Nikkor lens on a Canon body. At the time I had no idea that Nikon had
ever made any LTM lenses. I remember thinking the combination was a bit
odd. I was also "disappointed" that the 50mm lens had not been made by
Canon. I am so glad that I was never tempted to swap it for the
"correct" lens to mate with the Canon body.

I really must use this lens more often. It ain't broke for sure.

All the best,

Wayne

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] RE: Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM (Jeffery Smith))