Subject: [Leica] Re: RF / SLR
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Jan 13 11:06:21 2007

> On 1/13/07 10:18 AM, "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> Here we go again with this cock a mammy nonsense why people buy Leica
> because they just want them as jewellery. Bull shit! I suppose
> there's some
> morons out there who do that, good on them having that kind of
> income for
> toys and fancy bits of baubles. Hey in reality, I  and I bet many
> of you,
> wish you had that kind of income for fun things, but then that's me.

Depends on the kind of money you need for the other things, Ted.

Snobbery is typical something for people that want to look better
than they are. And spend more money on appearance than they can
really afford.
Hence leading a rather poor life within the privacy of their own
premises. Sheer tristesse.
Many of such people around, though.

On the other hand, there are also people with too much money. You'd
be surprised how many of those there are, too.

Philippe

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: snobbery)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: RF / SLR)