Subject: [Leica] Re: 197 pix on the wall (Peter Klein)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jan 12 23:05:39 2007

On 1/12/07 10:24 PM, "bob palmieri" <rpalmier@depaul.edu> typed:

> On Jan 12, 2007, Mark Rabiner wrote (regarding his photo which Peter
> Klein described as "Atomic Bathers"):
>
>> Right outa Chicago on hw 94 you get into Indiana and the Sand Dunes
>> stretch.
>> You take highway 12 to get closer.
>> Its one of the seven wonders of the word.
>> Ok Maybe one of the seven kind of interesting things of the word.
>> A National Lakeshore. Which is not easy.
>> Part of the National Park System. somehow.
>>
>> Its not just any beach its a beach where you have to smooth out all
>> your
>> footprints in the sand afterwards and not bend any blades of grass.
>> I have nothing but glowing things to say about it.
>
> Mark -
>
> A helluva nice travelogue you've put together!
>
> My wife & I have become quite charmed by this place they call Miller
> Beach which would seem to be very near to the area you've described
> above as the source of this snap; in fact so much so that we just
>snippet<
>
> Bob Palmieri

Then you know Bob I make half that stuff up!

If you'd like to have a logical explanation
How I happened on this elegant syncopation,
I will say without a moment of hesitation
There is just one place
That can light my face.
Gary, Indiana,
Gary Indiana,
Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York, or Rome, but--
Gary, Indiana,
Gary, Indiana,
Gary Indiana,
My home sweet home.