Subject: [Leica] Re: 197 pix on the wall (Peter Klein)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Fri Jan 12 19:22:25 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, Mark Rabiner wrote (regarding his photo which Peter
Klein described as "Atomic Bathers"):

> Right outa Chicago on hw 94 you get into Indiana and the Sand Dunes
> stretch.
> You take highway 12 to get closer.
> Its one of the seven wonders of the word.
> Ok Maybe one of the seven kind of interesting things of the word.
> A National Lakeshore. Which is not easy.
> Part of the National Park System. somehow.
>
> Its not just any beach its a beach where you have to smooth out all
> your
> footprints in the sand afterwards and not bend any blades of grass.
> I have nothing but glowing things to say about it.

Mark -

A helluva nice travelogue you've put together!

My wife & I have become quite charmed by this place they call Miller
Beach which would seem to be very near to the area you've described
above as the source of this snap; in fact so much so that we just
bought a beach house there (o.k., it's actually 3 blocks from the
water but who's counting.) The national lakeshore protected parkland
seems like a heckuva good place for birding much of the year.

When we start spending some time there I'll be sure to look into the
respective sensitivities of various emulsions & sensors to the
radiant energy sources there...

Actually, though, I don't remember seeing any cooling towers from the
beach where we'll be... there are some foundering steelmills outside
of the protected duneland areas, though..

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: 197 pix on the wall (Peter Klein))