Subject: [Leica] My Yearbooks Arrived Today
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Jan 11 15:10:54 2007

Jim, Ted

Jim Shulman wrote:
> Ted,

  Only thought is that the CEO of Leica probably could give a rat's rear
about
> this project, for several reasons.

> The book also shows a major flaw in Leica's market position: many of the
> shots were made with non-Solms digital cameras, reflecting Leica's
> difficult
> transition as the film era wanes.  Even the Leica devotees have been
> veering
> away from Solms equipment.

..and much of the Leica equipment used is ver 10 years old and a lot is
nearing
forty or more years old.

If I were the CEO of Leica, and saw that 25-40%
> (I didn't count exactly) of the images in a Leica Users Group book came
> from
> non-Leitz equipment, I'd be quite concerned.

That cuts both ways you know. If die hards like us are using Leicanons and
CV
glass then he knows that he has something missing from his line-up and
something
he had better address or lose his core market. The fallacy with the
camera-as-jewellery line is that when the next fad comes his market will
evaporate.

Peter Dzwig.

Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Lug Year Book Came)
Message from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] My Yearbooks Arrived Today)