Subject: [Leica] About Helen Hill
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Jan 11 09:25:07 2007

It has gotten beyond ridiculous down here. The murders appear to be random
and pointless. The city feels less safe than the days following the storm.
We now have a camera mounted on the telephone pole at the corner of my
block. While that seems to have protected that corner, a man was shot and
killed one block up my street. Sheriff Harry Lee decided to send patrol cars
into those neighborhoods with the highest crime and murder rates only to be
called down by the local NAACP. His response was something like "Fine, so I
won't protect your neighborhood."
--
Jeffery