Subject: [Leica] New Leica User
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Mon Jan 8 20:41:17 2007

Keyser, WV, a small town on the Potomac.  Of ALL places, I didn't
expect a Leica here.  Mostly plastic point & shoots and the odd 110
or polaroid...nothing at all interesting. Snapped up the Leica stuff,
a Canon A-1 f1.4 and a pair of Olympuses.  The M3 is a keeper.  No
burglaries here please....out of several old Basset Hounds, not all
of them are predictably bribable. :)

In Basset Hound rescue, I learned a while back to scan yard/garage
sales, and second hand shops for large dog crates. I NEVER, in my
wildest dreams expected to win this 'lottery'.  Needless to say, I
find myself drawn to these sources now, hoping that 'lightning
strikes twice'. No joy.

Was home in Upstate NY for Xmas.  Was set to drop by Sherry's on my
way to the City on Boxing Day, but she had a bug of some sort round
her place, and begged off. Nice to see someone thinking of more than
just making money. Still, an expert look is in order.

While nothing seems off other than slow and probably fast shutter
speeds, it's kinda like finding a 356 roadster in a barn....the
lubricants need changing before something worse breaks.  CLA time.

Charlie