Subject: [Leica] Wireless Question
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Jan 8 02:29:34 2007

Tina,

your set up should be capable of supporting a raft of PCs of all shapes and
sizes, provided only that they have a wireless receiver/transmitter on
board.
There may need to be a little configuring of each computer required but the
configuration software on the PC should guide you through that
straightforwardly.

May the problem you have experienced may be due to range? You mention "farm"
so
I guess that the distance from PC to receiver could be quite large and the
transmitter range is limited. If it suddenly cut out when you moved the old
Pc
to a new location that may be the problem. The box probably said something
like
50 - 100 yards max. The reality is that it depends on what lies between your
PC
and the transmitter. Several strong walls can be enough to cut the signal to
unacceptable levels. The solution is to place your transmitter as high as
possible in your building if that is possible.

Hope that this helps,

Peter Dzwig