Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 7 13:40:51 2007

At 03:55 PM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
>I guess. But when I want to take pictures in which candle light is
>important, I'm going to be using the Noctilux -- that's what it's
>for -- so I wanted to test with it.

I have to say that I'm having more problems focusing the Noctilux on
the M8 than I ever did with the film M's.  Photos that I could swear
were focused end up being slightly off.  I don't have that problem
with any other lens on the M8.  As a result, I'm using my Noctilux
less and my Summilux more.  It could be my eye problems - I've got
early posterior vitreous separation - which happens as you get older
and is supposed to correct itself eventually.  I thought at first
that's why all of my Noctilux shots were slightly off, but maybe
there's something about the Noctilux that doesn't play well with the
M8?  Anybody know for sure?  I've done the tests with the chart but
still don't know if the focusing is off because of the lens or
because of my eyes.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com