Subject: [Leica] Aperture, Lightroom and Photoshop
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 6 20:43:15 2007

On 1/6/07 8:15 PM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> typed:

> Mark, Adam and Tina:
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Jim

Well this is semantics or terminology but sorting and editing is Bridge not
Photoshop. Its file management. Where they both leave off is blurred by the
fact that they share the same raw filter. And that often most - to all the
editing can be done in those filter/s before or even if Photoshop is ever
opened.
My interest in Lightroom is the feature where it makes those cool galleries
to upload to the internet. I'm having trouble with what's broke with Bridge
- which needs fixed = the finding is not so fast I guess that's a thing that
gets people as was an inspiration for making these in ram editing film
management programs in the first place.  For people who do a lot of finds
all the time with huge amounts of files on huge disks. But I spend little
time doing finds and hitting collections. I spent most my time ranking and
raw editing. Have just starting opening right into Photoshop though and
using it's raw filter instead of the one already in Bridge which makes it so
you don't have to open Photoshop. I've taken to saving Photoshop format .psd
files into its own folder of top hits. My thing is screwed up so I cant make
a contact from say my 5 star shots off a Bridge contact. It has to come
right from Photoshop. I'm sure if I got one of these other programs I'd be
able to make 3D Holographic Contact sheets which dance over my kitchen table
when I clap my hands quickly twice.

Bridge is hooked up nicely in two different ways with the rest of the Adobe
Suite which I love even GoLive which is changing its name it seems to
GoDead. As it wont be in CS3. Look like Mark learns Dreamweaver. God I hate
that song! Maybe I'll redo my website from scratch. It needs to be re
engineered not tweaked. Love those smart files though I'm sure they'll
instigate that into Dream weasel. And I'll get through the night.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W