Subject: [Leica] Epson 1280 and MIS black inks
From: xrogers at comcast.net (Clyde Rogers)
Date: Thu Jan 4 07:33:16 2007

I know that the CIS systems seemed to run forever without needing more
ink, they were just didn't support my sporadic binge printing.  MIS has
spongeless carts for the 1280 which are certainly cheap and trivial
to refill
with bulk ink, so may provide CIS cost advantages without the clogs.  I
have no relevant experience with them (I used a set for a digital
negative
experiment and they worked fine, but I didn't use them for an extended
time).

Have you looked at the yahoo group archives for
DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint?
That group has a huge base of MIS experience with the 1270/1280.  Your
questions are probably already answered somewhere in there.  If
nothing else,
a posting to the group would likely get you solid answers, probably
by the end
of the day.

clyde