Subject: [Leica] Dartmoor Winter Solstice
From: lindnich at tesco.net (lindnich@tesco.net)
Date: Tue Jan 2 00:57:13 2007

Hello Douglas,

Thanks for finding them!  Yes it is Hay Tor. The shots were taken on a two
hour walk and are displayed chronologically. I don't normally do sunsets but
it is such a rarity to see the Solstice sunset in Devon (or indeed the
Solstice sun) due to the clouds and rain which predominate, that I have
bowed to the dictates of nature. The Dartmoor Tors are a sort of Ayers Rock
in miniature for the pagans and pantheists among us. The frozen quarry pond
is very near Hay Tor and is a source of several fine London Buildings and
bridges.

I don't understand the URL problem but thanks again for solving it.

Gordon