Subject: [Leica] M8 DNG format...
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Dec 31 22:47:37 2006

> using what app?  and to get them into iphoto as full size jpegs  ??

Here's how I do that.

1) Connect the SD card to my Mac whereupon it shows up as a disk.
2) Go to that disk with Bridge.
3) Use the Tools->Batch Rename... function of Bridge to move them to the
place where I wish to keep them.
4) Direct the attention of Bridge to that place, and select all of the
images that I wish to put into iPhoto.
5) Set the Camera Raw defaults to whatever you'd like to use in converting
your DNGs to JPEGs. (There's probably a way to do this without setting the
defaults, but I haven't found it yet).
6) Use Tools->Photoshop->Image Processor... in Bridge.
                Save as JPEG
                Convert Profile to sRGB: yes
                Resize to Fit: no
                Include ICC Profile: yes
        click "Run".
This will in fairly short order create a folder named JPEG inside "the place
where I wish to keep them" and it will be filled with the converted images.
7) Launch iPhoto. Use File->Import To Library... and they will show up in
iPhoto as full size JPEGs.
8) Delete the folder named JPEG from which you imported to iPhoto. No point
keeping two copies of the JPEGs around.

In another 75 minutes it will be the new year here. I'll probably be asleep.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M8 DNG format...)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] M8 DNG format...)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M8 DNG format...)